Repainted the beer pong table. It’s made of MDF with 1x1 rails underneath to sit it on bar stools.
This is my biggest project to date. The bar. I didn’t do this one by myself. I had a lot of help from my dad and brother and it sure did take awhile.
First, we built the top of the bar with a half inch lip to contain the bottle caps. Yeah, 2,000 bottle caps. Did I mention that?
After building the top I luckily found a previously used bar at the local ReStore. It was the same dimensions as my design. How perfect! We moved some things around and installed some shelves and a spot for the minifridge then gave it a few coats of paint.
The bar top was then installed after it was put in my dining room. It won’t fit through a door with the top already on.
My brother and I installed some 1x6’s around the bar to give it a good finished look. It was painted and sanded and painted again.
We then proceeded to glue down all of the bottle caps in a random order, with no 2 same caps touching. We just used regular wood glue.
Then I took on the task of grouting them with a black, unsanded grout. It took forever but gives it a nice finished look and hides the wood underneath. It also cuts down the amount of epoxy I used to create the clear coat overtop.
I bought the clear coat at Michael’s cause I had a bunch of half off coupons. I used 2 gallons total and used a lighter to get rid of all of the bubbles.
After it dried for a day or two I used a polyacrylic to paint the trim around the bar and waterproof everything. I used tile in the back part (I don’t know if you can see it in the photos.)
Overall it was an awesome project and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.
Hillbilly golf! I made this myself cause I was sick of the store bought ones that are flimsy and fall down. (Store bought cornhole boards are the same way.)
I used 3/4 inch PVC and spray painted the pieces before I glued it together.
I used PVC glue. The bottom legs are not glued to the top bars so it can be taken apart and stacked for transport. Pretty easy and cheap!
For the balls I drilled holes through golf balls and threaded a piece of rope through it and tied them, then spray painted. I’ll include some more pictures in my next post!
Here’s a picture collage I put together of my cornhole boards I just finished. I found the plans online and it was actually pretty easy. All the measurements are pretty basic and it’s up to you how fancy you want them to be. I included some pictures of my steps along the way.
I used birch wood as the top because I wanted to stain it. I used a golden pecan stain and bought my decals online.
I painted the sides after taping off an inch around the top. It took a few coats but I got it done. I did the same for the inside stripe.
After that I used contact paper to paint a circle around the hole. I used painter’s tape to give it the striped pattern.
I stuck on the decals and then used polycrylic to seal the top. I used about 5 coats and it’s perfect. I added some handles on the side for easy transport and bought matching color bags online!
The great thing about cornhole boards is you can customize them anyway you want!
Here’s a set of end tables I refinished! I wish I had taken a before photo but I forgot so you can try and imagine the before instead.
Before they were stained wood, with tan slate/marble inlays. The handle was an old gold piece that was definitely outdated.
I sanded them both down and put on about 4 coats of white paint. I attached the new black handle (which will match the coffee table I’m refinishing next.) I cut a piece of 1/2 inch pine plywood to fit where the slate was and stained it with a golden pecan stain and sealed it with polycrylic again.
New tables! (with new coasters)
Here’s another simple project. These are some coasters I made.
They are 4x4 white tiles that I bought at Lowe’s for under a dollar. I cut six pack beer boxes to size (diagonally so I could use 2 at a time) and used modge-podge to glue them down.
After letting them dry overnight I used polycrylic (again) to seal the top and give it a smooth, water resistant top. I then bought some cork circles from Michael’s for a dollar and super glued them to the bottom. They fit perfect. Now, new coasters!!